Detailed Road Design
Arterial Duplication - Samford Road
Client: Department of Transport & Main Roads (Metropolitan Division)
The Project involved the duplication to four lanes (median divided) of a major arterial route in Brisbane City. The project length is 2.3km of urban highway. The project included the:
- Upgrade of 5 major intersections (including traffic signal installation);
- Widening of the existing Cedar Creek (east) bridge;
- Construction of a new four lane bridge at Cedar Creek;
- The installation of major culvert road crossings and headwalls;
- Investigation of the feasibility of a grade separation at the railway crossing; and
- PUP relocation and street lighting installation.
L&R was commissioned by DTMR to carry out the detailed design and contract documentation for this major road duplication project.
- Public consultation and liaison;
- Environmental management;
- Geotechnical investigations and analysis;
- Hydraulic investigation and analysis;
- Detailed geometric design;
- Structural design;
- Stormwater drainage design;
- Pavement design;
- Traffic engineering investigation & analysis;
- Street lighting design;
- Detail construction drawings; and
- Contract documentation.