Rail Transport Infrastructure
Client: WMC Fertilizers Pty Ltd & Queensland Rail
Lambert & Rehbein was commissioned for coordination, planning, design, implementation and hand-over stages of all rail transport infrastructure for this $900 million project. Located in remote regions of the Far North West of Queensland, this project presented the team with unique challenges in logistics and human resource management.
Key items included:
- $22 million in track works located at Phosphate Hill, Flynn (near Duchess), Mt Isa,
- Undina, Cloncurry and Townsville;
- $5 million in rolling stock works including introduction of the GATX tank train
- system in Australia;
- $3 million in civil works at Mt Isa, Flynn, Cloncurry and Townsville;
- Integrated IT based automated weighing and billing system;
- Development and roll-out of state-wide emergency response plans for transport of bulk dangerous goods (Sulfuric Acid); and
- Successful Native Title negotiations with 17 indigenous groups in the North West of Queensland.
Key outcomes of the project included a $3 million saving on works which were all completed either ahead or on-schedule.
- Project Scope Management
- Safety Management
- Risk Management
- Construction Programming
- Cost Management
- Contract Administration
- Project Leadership