Portofino Aged Care Facility – 101 Allen Street, Hamilton, Brisbane
Client: Nuova Casa Pty Ltd
Located in Hamilton and bounded by Kingsford Smith Drive to the south, Nudgee Road to the east and Allen Street to the north, this project involved the design of a new multi-level (up to seven (7) storeys above ground) mixed use development with 52 transitional aged care apartments and a 100 bed aged care facility over a two (2) storey basement. The basement levels are mainly for car parking with some staff facilities and kitchen provided in the B1 level. In addition to this, eight (8) lettable commercial units accessed off Kingsford Smith Drive and Nudgee Road, along with an internal courtyard area, a resident’s pool and gym facility are present at the ground floor Plaza level.
Lambert & Rehbein were engaged to provide Civil and Structural Engineering services for the design of this project from conception on through the construction stage services to completion.
The building was constructed using suspended post-tensioned concrete floor slabs and beams supported on concrete columns and reinforced and core-filled blockwork walls taken down onto pile caps and timber driven piles. Due to the height of the excavation and poor soil material, the basement was formed with permanent bored pier and shotcrete walls around the entire perimeter with temporary ground anchors. The roof structure is a combination of steel purlins on structural steel beams and columns to support a metal roof deck or a reinforced concrete roof slab.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
- Liaison with the Client representative, the Architect, other consultants and the Builder
- Designs of the permanent shoring works in the two basement levels
- Design of the pile caps and provided loads for the driven piles
- Design of R.C. suspended slabs
- Design of P.T. suspended slabs
- Design of R.C. columns and walls
- Design of block walls, including retaining and water tank walls
- Design of the structural steel framing
- Inspecting the works during construction
ARCHITECT: N. G. Sanders & Associates
PROJECT VALUE: $ 65.0M
COMPLETED: December 2017