Intersection Safety Upgrades
for Port of Brisbane Access
Client: Department of Transport & Main Roads
Lambert and Rehbein was commissioned by the Department of Main Roads to complete the Preliminary and Detailed Design of three intersections as interim works before Stage 2 of the Port of Brisbane Motorway. The three intersections are:
- Intersection of Lindum Road and Lytton Road.
- Intersection of Export Street and Pritchard Street.
- Intersection of Port Drive and Tanker Street.
As part of the project scope, Lambert & Rehbein will be preparing:
Environmental Assessment Report.
- Traffic Report.
- Structural Report.
- Geotechnical Report.
- Property Access Report.
- Hydrology and Hydraulic Report.
- Risk Assessment and Report.
- Public Utility Plant Report.
- Traffic Signals and Street Lighting Design.
- Preliminary & Detailed Road Intersection Designs
- Contract Documentation, Specifications, Annexures and Cost Estimate.
- Supply 3d Design Model to Construction Contractor.
The project is in a heavily industrialised area, and some of the challenges include:
- Managing client, local government and community expectations.
- Managing Public Utility Plant protective treatments or relocations.
- Predicting future traffic movements / volumes for the future design life.
- Designing to maximize compatibility between the interim and ultimate designs.
- Widening an existing light weight fill structure constructed using foam blocks.