Hunter Valley Coal Project
Client: Queensland Rail
Queensland Rail has established itself in the national rail market winning coal haulage contracts in the Hunter Valley between the Mountt Arthur mine to the coal loader at Kooragang Island commenced in July 2005. Queensland Rail commissioned the fabrication of locomotives and wagons to fulfil its contract and will establish a train support facility to undertake provisioning and maintenance activities to keep the rollingstock in operational service.
Lambert & Rehbein provided project management services for the infrastructure requirements of the project including:
- Identification of scope;
- Leading negotiations for acquisition of land;
- Coordination of planning and approvals;
- Coordination of environmental assessment;
- Consultation with key stakeholders, the public and local authorities;
- Coordination of civil design;
- Management of design interfaces;
- Management of construction staging;
- Negotiation of civil contract;
- Development of detailed program; and
- Development of budget estimates and cost plans for the train support facility.