Mallawa Haul Road Re-Alignment
Client: Thiess Pty Ltd on behalf of Peabody Energy Australia
Lambert & Rehbein was commissioned to undertake the civil engineering design and documentation for 5.5 kilometres of haul road. The project incorporated further design of 4 intersections, local drainage, culverts, bulk earthworks (pre-works construction details) and a run of mine (ROM) tie-in. Servicing the Burton Coal Mine, the haul road has been designed to cater for 62.5m Pit Haulers (road trains) and large mining vehicles.
The Mallawa Haul Road is located 120km south-west of Mackay and services the Burton Coal Mine.
The infrastructure components of the detailed design for Lambert & Rehbein include:
- Bulk Earthworks
- Pavement Design
- Haul road design - catering to 62.5m Pit hauling road trains and mining vehicles
- Intersection designs
- ROM tie-in
- Traffic signage
- Culvert crossings and drainage design
- Prepare preliminary design documentation and quantities for infrastructure components
- Develop design documentation for tender issue
- Provide construction design documentation and specifications along with quantities