Freshwater Estate, Berrinba
Client: GEO Property Group
Lambert & Rehbein was commissioned by GEO Property Group to carry out Civil Design and Construction Administration for the multi stage Freshwater Estate in Berrinba.
The lots within the Freshwater Estate were generally marketed as House & Land packages, and the client specifically requested level allotments for their builders. This requirement was achieved in a cost effective manner by designing the estate with tiered allotments through the use of concrete sleeper retaining walls along property boundaries.
The design called for a major culvert upgrade and roadworks supported with rock gabions. Lambert & Rehbein designers met the stormwater discharge challenges of the Freshwater Estate development by directing runoff through piped systems into a combination of rock lined swales, discharging to an inland lake, and bioretention basins for stormwater quality purposes. The bioretention basins were excavated prior to commencement of site works and left open as a sediment basin for treatment of contaminated site runoff during construction.
Scope of Services:
- Detailed Engineering Design:
- Roadworks including longitudinal and cross sections;
- Stormwater drainage including bioretention basins;
- Roofwater drainage;
- Sewer reticulation;
- Water reticulation; and
- Sediment and erosion control plans.
- Preparation of Contract Documents;
- Review of formal Tenders;
- Periodic Site Inspections
- Liaison with Council and Main Roads Authorities;
- Processing of Contractors Claims; and
Submission of On Maintenance documentation to Council.