DHS Helipad Strategy
Client: Department of Human Services
Rehbein Airport Consulting was commissioned by the Department of Human Services to undertake detailed planning, design and operational assessment of emergency medical service helipads in Victoria. The object was to protect the flight paths of helicopters providing these services by identifying the airspace where development or other intrusions needed to be restricted. The second phase of the project involved securing the support of local councils for the necessary planning scheme amendments. Once adopted by councils the amendments were recommended to the Minister for approval and gazettal.
- Survey the existing conditions at each helipad;
- Prepare planning scheme amendments;
- Develop planning and design guidelines for future helipad developments;
- Submit planning scheme amendments to affected councils;
- Facilitate council meetings and public exhibitions;
- Collate and consider submissions; and
- Process and check gazettal processes.