Climbing Lane, Landsborough
Client: Department of Main Roads (metropolitan Division)
The project involved the planning and design of a climbing lane on the hilly section of Landsborough - Maleny Road, Caloundra. This steep winding highway has a high accident history and the lack of passing opportunities is a distinct contributing factor. The preferred location for the climbing land traverses across a high embankment and through a steep cutting. Detailed pavement design was required on the complex site and extensive protection needed for safety reasons. L&R was commissioned by the Department of Main Roads to carry out the Option Analysis Concept Planning and Business Case (R1003) reporting, and once approved, to complete the detailed design phase.
- Public consultation and liaison;
- Environmental management;
- Geotechnical investigations and analysis;
- Concept planning;
- Detailed geometric design;
- Pavement design;
- Traffic engineering investigation & analysis;
- Business Case (R1003) reporting;
- Road safety audits;
- Detail construction drawings;
- Contract documentation; and
- Project plan (R2001) reporting.