Centrus Development, Eight Mile Plains
Client: M2 Property Group
Civil Contract Value: $3.2M
The project involved the design and construction of 5 Management Lots for a mixed use development. Development then led on to the construction of the civil works for 86 fully integrated townhouses and a four lot subdivision on two of the management lots.
The Development Application was referred to Queensland Transport and Department of Main Roads for works involving an underground detention system, and extending sewer and stormwater pipes through a busy arterial road. Detailed negotiations were held with Council and the State Government Agencies to achieve a practical, economical and mutually beneficial outcome.
Centrus was a joint winner of the Medium to Large Density Development category at the 2011 UDIA (QLD) Boral Awards for Excellence.
Lambert & Rehbein’s services for these development phases began at the Development Application Stage and extended through to the completion of construction, including:
- Documentation to support the Development Application including Engineering Services Report, Council code responses, Stormwater Quantity Management Plan and Stormwater Quality Management Plan;
- Detailed design of roadworks, stormwater drainage, stormwater detention tanks, roofwater drainage, sewer reticulation, water reticulation, erosion and sediment control and building hydraulics.
- Liaison with Council to obtain operational works approvals for the above designs;
- Preparation of tender documentation including tender specifications and bill of quantities;
- Tendering of the civil works including tender review and reporting to the client;
- Acceptance of tender and preparation of contract documents;
- Contract administration and construction stage services including certification of contractor’s progress claims and site inspections to ensure compliance with the design intent, sound engineering principles and Council standards;
- Certification of the works following Practical Completion; and
Obtaining acceptance of the works ‘on maintenance’ and ‘off maintenance’ by Council.