Bermuda Street Cycleway - Markeri Street to Reedy Creek
Client: TMR South Coast Region
Lambert & Rehbein was commissioned by Transport & Main Roads (TMR) South Coast Region to progress a business case for the option review study of on-road cyclist facilities on Southport -Burleigh Road (Bermuda Street). The study, contributing to current local Gold Coast City Council’s Bicycle Network Operation Plan stretches for 5.6 kilometres between Markeri Street and Reedy Creek Road.
- To undertake an options analysis for an on-road cyclist facility on a highly developed urban connection road with high traffic volumes.
- Assess compatibility of proposed options with current and future GCCC Bicycle Network
- Operation Plan.
- Investigate alternative options.
- Progress options through business case phase with economic considerations.
- Progress preferred option with construction cost estimate to progress to preliminary design stage.
Components within the study and optioneering include:
- Bridge widening
- Isolated intersection upgrades
- Shoulder widening
- Retrofitting cycle lanes / lane swaps / lane reconfiguration
- On-road and off-road cycle routes